BRING THE BENEFITS OF PILATES & YOGA TO YOUR SCHOOL
The mind and body aspects of Pilates and Yoga can guide students to better focus in school, improve their sports or other physical activities and a better awareness and control of their constantly changing bodies. Pilates and Yoga will help create balanced musculature to alleviate pain and reduce the potential for injury now or in later life. Mindful movement and breathing techniques will aid in stress release, which is an increasing problem seen in our youth today.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF PILATES & YOGA?
1. Builds a solid foundation for a healthy body
- Because part of Pilates and Yoga involves concentrating on how the body moves, young people will gain the tools to help alleviate pain and reduce the chance of sports injuries.
- Developing strong core muscles will help maintain posture and comfort during long periods of sitting at a desk. This will allow them to maintain focus for longer periods of time.
2. Improves mental focus and concentration
- Students will become more focused practising Pilates and Yoga as it involves the art of concentration. Being able to centre the breath, hold various positions for a certain amount of time, and concentrate on mind-body fitness are cornerstones for young people to channel their energies into one activity.
3. Improves posture, strength and flexibility
- Keeps bones and joints in the correct alignment so that muscles are being used properly, helping to increase core stability and improve posture.
- Helps to prevent injury in the playground and on the field or court.
- Gives athletes a competitive edge in sports.
4. Builds confidence and self-esteem
- Improves the way the body functions, looks and feels – and knowing one’s body inside and out can lead to greater self-esteem.
- Increases body and spatial awareness. As students practice they learn to become more in touch with how their body feels by understanding how their muscles are working while doing the exercises.
- Teaches young people a new way of life: they will sit better, stand better and feel more in control of their body. Most importantly they will feel confident.
5. Improves sports performance
- Helps improve athletic performance by increasing strength, power, and flexibility.
- The ideal complimentary activity for athletes participating in competitive sports.
6. Accelerates and improves recovery from sports injuries
- Increases overall strength, control and coordination of movement that allows the return to sport stronger, faster, fitter and more resilient.
7. Stress relief
- School age children experience a fair amount of stress – peer pressure, social media, relationships, family and friends. Pilates and Yoga trains the body and mind to be able to cope with stress better and improve overall health and wellbeing.
8. Increases energy
- Improves cardiovascular health and circulation to reduce fatigue, boosting energy and increasing feelings of calmness and wellbeing.
- Gets the breath and circulation moving, stimulates the spine and muscles, and floods the body with the good feelings one gets from exercising the whole body.
9. Suitable for any age and fitness level
- Designed for both the non-athletic as well as the competitive.
- All bodies have different strengths, challenges, shapes, sizes and proportions. Pilates and Yoga provides a non competitive physical activity for all fitness levels and abilities.